Waiver, Release and Liability Discharge
Please read carefully before agreeing to this Waiver, Release and Liability Discharge.
- I understand that competing in the Event involves using public areas and roads used by other people and traffic and I am aware of the hazards involved. The hazards include but are not limited to: vehicle traffic, actions of competitors, spectators, Event personnel, weather conditions and my physical and mental state of health. In my judgment I have sufficient competence and experience to participate safely in the Event.
- I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently trained for participation in the Event and I have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person.
- I certify that I will be 20 years of age or older on 19 January 2013.
- I will follow the course set out for the Event, abide by the road and Event rules and follow the instructions given to me by Event officials, at all times. Failure to comply in any way with these matters may lead to me being removed from the Event and disqualified (at any time).
- I will wear the Event number and transponder as directed by the Event officials. [I must return the transponder after the event otherwise I will be charged $50 for its non-return].
- Should the Event be cancelled or stopped for any reason, or personal circumstances arise that prevent me from participating in (or completing the Event), I accept that my entry fee is non-refundable.
- In consideration of the acceptance of my entry, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns as follows:
- I HEREBY WAIVE, RELEASE AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft and all other foreseeable risks, claims or actions of any kind (including negligence) whatever and however occurring which may arise, at any time, from or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in the Event, the following persons or entities: The Event Organisers, Event officials and personnel, land managers and/or owners, event sponsors, volunteers, Queenstown Lakes District Council, New Zealand Police, Transit New Zealand, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents and volunteers.
- I HEREBY INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the persons or entities mentioned in 7(a) above from any and all liabilities, claims or actions (including negligence) whatever and however caused which may arise, at any time, as a result of or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in the Event and vis-à-vis any third party, as far as this third party suffered any damage or injury during the Event due to my participation in the Event.
- I acknowledge that the Event Organisers reserve the right to alter the advertised course or start time (at their absolute discretion).
- I consent to receive any medical treatment that may be deemed necessary in the event of injury, accident or illness during the Event, and I allow that information to be passed on to the Event Organisers or third parties (as deemed necessary by the Event Organisers).
- I authorise the use of my name, voice and picture and any information provided by me on this entry form to be used without payment in any broadcast, telecast, communication, promotion, or advertising, and I also agree that the information I have provided may be used by the Event Organisers for the purpose of promoting future or other events or for the promotion of the Event charity(ies), race sponsors products and services.
- I acknowledge that the Event Organisers have the absolute discretion in the award of any prizes, prize money or third party prize or award and I will abide fully and without dispute with all such decisions of the Event Organisers.
- I have read all the Event safety information, rules and conditions detailed in this form and on the entry form (and/or as detailed on the event website www.challenge-wanaka.com ) and I agree to adhere to these rules and conditions at all times.
- I agree to the use of any photos taken by official photographers to be used for event marketing purposes and my email address can be used for communications from Challenge Family but is not to be released to any third parties.
- I have read and voluntarily sign this Waiver, Release and Liability Discharge Form and explicitly agree to its content.